BSKB San Diego September 2012 AIA Briefing
This series of lectures was presented by BSKB's San Diego Office at the America Invents Act (AIA) briefing on September 11, 2012. Lectures on the rules implementing the AIA, which become effective on September 16, 2012, were given by BSKB Executive Advisor Nicholas Godici, former Commissioner for Patents at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and BSKB Partners Leonard Svensson, Mark Nuell, Ph.D. and Susan Gorman, Ph.D.
- Changes to Inventor's Oath or Declaration
- AIA Preissuance Submission by Third Parties
- Rules to Implement Inter Partes Review (IPR), Post-Grant Review (PGR), Transitional Program for Covered Business Method Patents (CBM)
- Procedure Before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board
- The “Purpose” System: PRPS
- Supplemental Examination Provisions