Chad J. Billings
Suite 100 East
8110 Gatehouse Road
Falls Church, VA 22042
Chad Billings has practiced in the intellectual property field since 1998. Mr. Billings focuses in the area of electrical and mechanical technologies, and has experience in a wide range of technologies including semiconductors, wireless systems, database structures, image processing, video/audio data correction, encryption and storage, navigational devices, display platforms, MEMS technologies, software, general hardware devices, endoscopes and medical devices.
Mr. Billings' practice encompasses a diverse range of intellectual property matters, including prosecution, rendering of opinions, post grant procedures litigation as well as the strategizing and procuring and licensing of patents directed to various industry standards.
Mr. Billings frequently lectures in the U.S., Europe and Japan regarding U.S. patent practice and strategies.
Prior to joining BSKB, Mr. Billings was a Patent Examiner at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Mr. Billings enjoys the outdoors. He is an avid cyclist, competing in many cycling related events and also enjoys golf, soccer, hiking and fishing.
- Japan Intellectual Property Association (JIPA) F8 Course (Co-Chair), October 2016
- Seminar in Japan with Regimbeau and JPAA on U.S. and European Patent Practice, November 2015
- Seminar in Japan with Regimbeau and JPAA on U.S. and European Patent Practice, October 2014
- Recent Trends in U.S. and EU Intellectual Property Litigation, Japan, 2014
- Joint seminar in Japan hosted by UBIC Patent Partners