Lynde F. Herzbach
Suite 100 East
8110 Gatehouse Road
Falls Church, VA 22042
Lynde Herzbach focuses her practice on intellectual property and technology, specifically in litigation, inter partes review proceedings, and patent prosecution. She has experience in all aspects of litigation, including discovery, motion practice, pre-trial and trial, and appeals to the Federal Circuit. Ms. Herzbach was part of a team that successfully represented a pharmaceutical company in a challenge to several patents through inter partes review. She also has experience with patent prosecution in the electrical engineering field. During her legal career, Ms. Herzbach has represented clients in the fields of software, electronics, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, and manufacturing processes.
Ms. Herzbach earned her J.D. from the University of Michigan Law School in 2006 and her B.S.E., cum laude, from the University of Michigan College of Engineering in 2002. While in law school, she was an Associate Editor of the Michigan Telecommunications and Technology Law Review. She also served as the Project Coordinator for the Family Law Project. Prior to joining BSKB, Ms. Herzbach previously worked for a New York law firm and an international law firm’s Silicon Valley office.
- Discovery In Post-Grant Review vs. Inter Partes Review, Law360, May 2, 2016
- Estoppel Arising From PTAB Trials, Corporate Counsel, January 27, 2016
- Evidentiary Considerations in PTAB Trials, Corporate Counsel, January 26, 2016
- Getting The Last Word In PTAB Trials, Law360, November 25, 2015
- Supplementing the Record in PTAB Trials by Filing Supplemental Information, Bloomberg BNA's Patent, Trademark, & Copyright Journal, September 2015
- In re Cuozzo and the Broadest Reasonable Interpretation Standard – Should the Ability to Amend Be Relevant or Is It a Convenient Excuse?
- Japan Intellectual Property Association (JIPA) F8 Course, October 2016
- Managing IP U.S. Patent Forum, Washington, D.C., March 2016
- Innography Patent Masterminds Webinar, "Cuozzo Challenges Inter Partes Review: So What?", February 4, 2016