Andrew D. Meikle
Suite 100 East
8110 Gatehouse Road
Falls Church, VA 22042
Mr. Meikle has been engaged in the practice of patent law since 1987. He began his career in the intellectual property field in 1984 as a Patent Examiner at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. His current practice emphasizes client counseling in the areas of validity and infringement, as well as prosecution of patent applications before the USPTO and representation of clients against adverse parties in various post grant patent procedures including reexaminations, reissue applications, inter partes/ex parte reexaminations and interferences. Mr. Meikle has prepared and filed numerous appeal briefs and conducted oral hearings before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board, and its predecessor. He has also proceeded to appeal before the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. Mr. Meikle has managed worldwide patent portfolios and has helped in handling oppositions, as well as patent prosecution, before the Japanese Patent Office, European Patent Office and other countries around the world. The technical fields that Mr. Meikle specializes in include organic chemistry, polymers, biochemistry and pharmaceuticals.
Mr. Meikle has managed the firm's Advanced Patent & Licensing Seminar since 1995. He has prepared and presented numerous lectures before international audiences regarding U.S. patent statutory law and case law developments both domestically and abroad.
Articles & Presentations
- Understanding and Prosecution Strategies for Complying with the USPTO Myriad Guidance, BSKB's PostGrantProceedings.com
Speaking Engagements & Recognitions
- Speaking Engagement: FICPI's 17th Open Forum, Self-Collision: How to avoid shooting your client in the foot!, October 2017
- Speaking Engagement: FICPI's 16th Open Forum in St. Petersburg, October 2016
- CAFC Reverses USPTO Ruling on Leo Pharma Patent, August 2013
- Speaking Engagement: AIA Strategies at FICPI ABC Meeting, New Orleans, 2013