Chad M. Rink
Suite 100 East
8110 Gatehouse Road
Falls Church, VA 22042
Chad Rink, associate at BSKB since 2008, specializes in the drafting and prosecution of patent applications in the areas of chemical compounds, pharmaceutical compositions, polymers, catalysts and chemical processing and synthesis. He has also prepared legal opinions regarding patent validity and product infringement in a wide range of subjects. Mr. Rink has practiced in the intellectual property field since 2004.
As part of his undergraduate degree, Mr. Rink spent over two years doing lab research on the synthesis of RNA ribozymes and wrote his thesis on the subject. This research eventually led to a published article in Organic Letters. During law school, Mr. Rink was a member of the Moot Court Honor Board and competed in the Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition.
Articles & Presentations
- Post Therasense: Why Supplemental Examination is Less Attractive, WIPR, September/October 2015
- Par Pharmaceutical, Inc. v. TWi Pharmaceuticals, Inc. - Inherency Relating to Obviousness, BSKB IP Updates, Vol. 13, No. 4
- Post-Grant Review and Inter Partes Review, BSKB's PostGrantProceedings.com
- "Synthesis of Silatranyl- and Germatranyl-uridines," Organic Letters, 7(6), 1165 (2005).
- "Probing the Outer Limits of Patent Monopoly," Connecticut Law Tribune, V.32, No. 20 (May 8, 2006)